Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Drawing Final Research

sooo...for our final project in drawing we need to complete a 6ftx6ft drawing that represents you as a self portrait.  Lately I've been really interested in Willem de Kooning and Alex Katz...I did projects on the both of them in high school and since then I've been interested in their work.  I like the layering and gestur drawings in de Koonings work...as an abstract expressionist I am fascinated with his work and will continue to do some readingg on his life and influences for artttttttt...
Although Alex Katz has such a distinct and different style from de Kooning, I love looking at his pieces also.  His style is so specific and even though his pieces are so simple his self portrats have interesting expressions and color choices...
I'm not yet sure how these works will influence me but I will keep researching!
Next I'm going to look at some of Gauguin's work!
As far as the drawing goes, I want to use objects to represent the most important and influential people in my life...I'm just not sure who I want the figure/figures to be in the piece...


No comments:

Post a Comment